Over dit evenement
Kink and BDSM are modalities with a huge potential for personal growth. In my own experience, BDSM has helped me release anxiety, trauma, and insecurities. There have been intense moments with big emotions, but also giggles, laughter, and amazing heart connections. Both being supported in my processes, as guiding others in theirs, have been empowering and humbling.
Therapeutic Kink is a workshop in which we will set up scenes with an intention. Whether that is consciously stepping into a situation that scares you, recreating a past experience, or stepping into a part of you that you feel you want to get to know better (like the conscious, supportive sadist).
Therapeutic Kink includes opportunities to:
- learn different ways of setting up an intentional scene for healing and growth.
- learn how to implement safety mechanisms to prevent causing harm, while understanding edgy play is always containing a certain risk.
- release emotions but also have fun!
Some of the themes you get the opportunity to play with:
- impact play
- Dom/sub dynamics
- consent and safety
- consensual non-consent incl restraints
- sensory deprivation (blindfolds, headphones)
For who is this workshop:
- You have at least some experience with BDSM. You have e.g. participated in Exploring Kink Step 1 and/or 2, or have done BDSM workshops elsewhere. (Are you a total newbie? Consider starting with Exploring Kink Step 1. This workshop is not for absolute beginners).
- You are curious what BDSM can bring you beyond the technical skills.
- You understand that the word ‘therapeutic’ is used to describe a way of implementing kink and BDSM. It does not intend to suggest this workshop is a replacement for professional help of any kind.
- You are curious how BDSM can support you on your path, and how you can support others on theirs..
- You want to play with kinks in a group of likeminded people.
* Note for professionals: this is NOT a practitioner training. Modalities taught are meant for private use only. For professional education and mentoring, contact Wilrieke.
This event welcomes folks from all walks of life. We are LGBTQIIA+ informed (Wilrieke and most of their team identify as such), slut-friendly, trauma-informed, and non-monogamy informed. White folks are overrepresented in our team and life experiences are coloured through that lens. We do come from different social backgrounds and have different life experiences when it comes to health, wealth, neurodiversity, gender, sexual orientation, etc.
We welcome folks with disabilities. We can adapt exercises so that they fit you. Where we can we will support you. If you have a person/animal that supports you in daily activities that you need to bring for your care, they can of course come with you without buying a ticket. Please reach out if you have special needs, and we will discuss how we can support you. In case we cannot comfort your needs, we will honestly let you know.
The program at a glance:
Day one focusses on dusting off your skills of D/s dynamics, impact play, and consensual non-consent. We won’t go very deep into these teachings (follow other workshops like Exploring Kink Step 1 and 2 for that) but glance over them and our hands and heads warmed up. We will practice how to set up a scene, and play a scene.
Day two focusses on playing several scenes in different constellations and groups. You will have the opportunity to set up a scene designed for you, supported by other participants. We end the day slow, with time for integration.
This is a red event, which means that during some parts of the event full nudity and sexual play are possible (this will mainly be during the play party), although sexuality is not the focus of this event. It is mainly allowed when it would support the healing and growth in a scene. At no point during this weekend you are required or pushed to be naked or sexual. You can participate in the full weekend while being dressed and without touching anyone. We do ask you to be comfortable with nudity and sexuality in the room.
As in all of our workshops, you are encouraged to sit out of anything. Witnessing is valid participation.
Saturday: 10.00h – 18.00h (doors open at 9.30h)
Sunday: 11.00h – 19.00h
Accessibility of this specific venue: there are steep stairs to access the building. There is no elevator. One inside, there are bathrooms on the workshop floor. The bathrooms are not specifically all-access. There are mattresses and you can lie down as much as you can. There is a separate room where bags etc can be stored, that can also be used as an outbreak room with minimalized stimuli.
The weekend takes place in Amsterdam, Weesperzijde.
The workshop doesn’t include standard lodging. There are options nearby, etc Volkshotel is at walking distance. We provide tea, water, and chocolate.
You will receive an email with detailed joining instructions in the week before the event. Check our FAQ for more information: www.exploringdeeper.com/faq
Saturday 20 January 2024 om 10:00 tot Sunday 21 January 2024 om 19:00
Weesperzijde, 1091 Amsterdam, Nederland