Over dit evenement
Welcome to this special edition of Ecstatic Dance Roermond with Dymphi Peeters & live band Dragonfly,
"Let yourself be amazed by the magic of intuitive music!
Live performed world music by professional musicians, who are creating from the heart. Every note is improvised, created on the spot inspired by the Ecstatic Dance community. Ecstatic Dance is a free movement space in which dance expands, spirit activates and beauty flows. As a community we are connected the whole time, even if we dance by ourselves."
Ecstatic Dance is a free form of dance-workout, very pure and simple and therefore so powerful and transforming. To create a save and sacred environment we follow a few basic but important guidelines.
We commit ourselves to:
* No speaking or communicating in spoken language, the entire room is a non-speaking area,
* We dance and move barefoot in our own unique way,
* We respect ourselves and others without the use of alcohol or drugs.
We are Dragonfly and we love Ecstatic Dance and because our music is entirely improvised we can be in direct contact with the dancers. They move to our music, we react to their movements. Energy rises and together we reach great climaxes and the experience of a natural trance. Then we rest, cry, laugh. And start building new climaxes again. All without words. Just sounds and movements, musicians and dancers.
Dymphi Peeters – African Kora, Vocals, Flute
Terence Samson – Percussion
Boudine van Slobbe – Percussion, Hang
Freek Zwanenberg – Piano, Keyboard
Lex Pantelic - Guitar, Tanbor, Greek Baglama
Genre: Live Intuitive World Music from the heart for Ecstatic Dancing, Improvised music, Vocal Improvisation, Sounds & percussive ritms, Dynamic mixed atmospheres: uplifting followed by calm music, or vice versa, alternately ecstatic, wild, calm, melodious and moving.
Program (might change slightly)
19.00 Doors open
Please note that the door will be locked at 19.30, so be on time!
20.00 Start Ecstatic Dance
* Wear comfortable clothes in which you can move freely, take into account that you will sweat and take care of good hygiene,
* Returning tickets once purchased is not possible. No refunds will be made unless the event is canceled by the organization,
* Leave your valuables at home as much as possible. We keep the dancefloor free from personal belongings so that we can literally leave the worries and distractions of everyday life outside the room,
* We do our very best to guarantee your safety, but we would like to point out that participation is entirely at your own risk.
* We will serve organic tea, please bring your own water bottle!
We dance at the beautiful Ursulakapel in Roermond. A very unique venue with a lovely wooden dancefloor that definitely adds up to the Ecstatic Dance experience. The location is at walking distance from the trainstation (8 min). You can park your car at Wilhelminaplein (6041 CE Roermond), payed parking only till 20.00h. As always we encourage carpooling.
Looking forward to meet you on our dancefloor!
Saturday 03 December 2022 van 19:00 tot 22:30
Ursulakapel, Voogdijstraat 24, 6041 GD Roermond, Nederland