Welcome this special Tantra meets Ecstatic Dance edition with Chris van der Weide and DJ Sefrijn
Do you wish to dive deeper? The ceremony in this special Tantric Edition will take one hour and will be led by Chris van der Weide. She will take us through various explorations of the body in connection with ourselves and each other. We will look at the concept of intimacy and what it means to truly move from within. Can you say 'yes' to whatever arises in the moment as it presents itself? What does that look like? Feel like? How do we meet each other there? Tantra invites us to show up authentically and 'naked' (without taking your clothes off ;-). Are you willing to dance (and speak) your truth? This Tantric exploration can help you to connect to yourself, your feelings & desires and is supporting us to learn how to relate with others in an authentic way. It will invite you into the here and now, to open yourself up and living a richer life.
At the closing circle we take some extra time for integration and sharing as well. Pay attention to the program, we start earlier than usual. There is a max of 50 participants.
Chris originally studied both her BA and her MA degree in performative arts (theater & dance), only to discover that her way of expression wasn't through being on stage, but rather through life itself.
She cancelled her various jobs in teaching and performing theater to pursue a journey within, and she ended up falling in love with the path of tantra.
Throughout many years of travel and self-discovery she was trained by various teachers in the tantric and spiritual domain. Her work distinguishes itself with strong influence of western-psychology and bodywork. Her extended education, self-study and experience have joined together in her offerings.
About the path of tantra she says: 'This path transformed my outlook on life, every step makes my reality tremble in a way that's both ravishing and deliciously liberating'.
18:30: Doors open
19:00: Start ceremony (60 min)
20:00: Start ED
22:00: Closing ceremony (30 min)
22:30 End of the program
About Ecstatic Dance
Ecstatic Dance is a free form of dance-workout, very pure and simple and therefore so powerful and transforming. To create a save and sacred environment we follow a few basic but important guidelines.
We commit ourselves to:
* No speaking or communicating in spoken language, the entire room is a non-speaking area,
* We dance and move barefoot in our own unique way,
* We respect ourselves and others without the use of alcohol or drugs.
* There are no phones, camera's or any other kind of distractions.
* Wear layers of comfortable clothes in which you can move freely, take into account that you will sweat and take care of good hygiene,
* Returning tickets once purchased is not possible. No refunds will be made unless the event is canceled by the organization,
* Leave your valuables at home as much as possible. Bags remain outside the room so that we can literally leave the worries and distractions of everyday life outside,
* We do our very best to guarantee your safety, but we would like to point out that participation is entirely at your own risk.
* We will serve organic tea, please bring your own water bottle!
We will dance in the Savelbergklooster in Heerlen. There definitely is something special about this venue, with its high walls you feel protected, embraced like being in a wombspace. It is small and intimate with a max capacity of 60 dancers. The white and blue colors give a kind of sacred touch to the whole experience.
The location is at walking distance from the trainstation (11 min). You can park at the Putgraaf or Spoorsingel (street), most convenient is parking Q-park (Putgraaf 1D) or Klompstraat 11 nearby the venue.
Looking forward to connect, dance and take this deep-dive with you!
Friday 28 April 2023 van 18:30 tot 23:00
Gasthuisstraat 2, 6411 KE Heerlen, Nederland